– New Class “Social Competition” and entry for business managers
– Next leadership class will start September 3
– A few tips to improve your social network profiles
– Corporate Social Media Report – State of the union
– Our social media communities
– International expansion – Europe and Australia
New Class: Social Competition
Beyond your LinkedIn Profile
Learn all about competing for customer mind share in the social web. In this 4 day class you get your arms around social media purely from a business perspective.
Learn about the professional side of leveraging LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter beyond having a LinkedIn profile!
July 20: Social Competition – a hands on experience
4 days, 1 1/2 hour each day, Tuesday through Friday with exercises:
– Learn to leverage LinkedIn beyond your profile and the top 10 tips you hear every day
– Get a different perspective on Facebook for business
– Learn about the business side of Twitter
Limited to 50 attendees
Tweet This Event
Share on Facebook
Next Leadership Class September 3
The social media Leadership Class is a great success. September 3
will be our fourth class. In order to ensure best results we require
an entrance exam, which can be performed online. The Leadership
Class is limited to 25 attendees to create the best possible learning
A complementary Introductory Webinar will be held July 10
A few tips to improve your social profiles
Social media profiles are a delicate thing. You may prefer to be rather low key, but you also want to be open and approachable. So consider those few tips:
1) Have a consistent photo across all profiles – it’s your “personal logo”
2) Don’t make your photo be “special” – you are unique 100% guaranteed
3) Cross reference other profiles i.e. from Twitter you may point to your LinkedIn profile
4) Always state your real name – nick names are like avatars – so 1990
5) Write your bio as a combination of your business profile and personal focus
6) If you can provide links to your other social networks and blogs
7) Consider all activities on a site as part of your profile, your identity
8) Provide it in a way that it works for both your best friends and your customers
9) Even so you may separate business from personal life – the viewer may not
10) Point to your profiles whenever you have the opportunity
We will provide more tips in future news letters.
Social Networks & Communities
To get in touch with others, join the various social network groups and online communities
LinkedIn Group http://xeeurl.com/A0548
Facebook Group http://xeeurl.com/A0525
Facebook Fan Page http://xeeurl.com/A0805
Online Community = http://xeeurl.com/A01152
And a series of other places
Please help us and spread the word: tweet about it
Corporate Social Media Report
This 220 page social media business report was analyzing over 1 Million customers of 6 global enterprises including Dow Chemical, John Deere, NetApp, New York Life, Toyota, and Vodafone. The report was conducted without any support from those companies demonstrating the vulnerability of companies through the wide open social web. The consultant team of six conducted the report using sentiment analysis tools and a variety of methods to identify strength and weaknesses of the researched companies. The Mindshare Report is available as paperback or PDF
from the Academy website.
The Social Media Academy expands internationally. Even though all classes are online, we decided to be more local, adjust classes to local and cultural differences as well as better accommodate regional time zones.
We started the Social Media Academy Australia and already start our first Leadership Class this week Wednesday.
The Social Media Academy UK will be next. The first UK class will be our new class: “Social Competition”. The first Leadership Class for UK will start September 3.
Please help us and spread the word: tweet about us
Keep in mind only YOUR follower will read the tweets